Orchids to …
• New Hope Christian Church, Jonathan Titus and the Mahoney’s for an awesome fish fry and speaker at the church.
• Lisa and Dave Porter for all you are doing this week for our cross-country runners, from grateful cross-country parents.
• BCSC middle school and high school band directors who provide a fun, educational and free three-week band camp every summer for sixth- through eighth-graders.
• Voelz Body Shop for its help in making a quick, on-the-spot fix for a 16-year-old’s first brush with the garage wall, from her grateful parents.
• the city for putting motorcycle parking on Fourth Street.
• Jarod Buchta for making straight A’s during his summer session at Kelley School of Business in Indianapolis.
• the woman who alerted me that my tire was leaking, saving me time, inconvenience and probably the cost of a new tire.
• the man who came and fixed the lock on the door into my garage at no charge.
• Crissy Stackhouse and her son for moving a big limb in my backyard on Sunday, from Brenda.
• the family for a great 65th anniversary for Dorothy and Manford Todd.
Onions to …
• all the people who have decided to park on the street in Bridge Point Estates.
• the person in the purple Sonoma pick-up for dumping a bag of trash on County Road 600N at 11:45 a.m. Monday.
• the manager of local store for being rude to employees in front of customers, badmouthing others and his overall arrogant attitude and behavior.
• people who support legislation that will take away health care coverage for 22 million Americans.
• doctors and hospitals who profit more if I have no insurance, no regular doctor, get sick and go to the emergency room.
• the Bartholomew County Solid Waste Management District for not having a recycle truck in northern Bartholomew County.
• the county for re-chipping and sealing Nortonburg Road.
• the person who dropped off mattresses and box springs along County Road 725W.
• community for not helping low-income elderly with yard work.
Happy Birthday to …
• Adam Clark, from your family and Donna.
• Roy Stein, from your family and Donna.
• Brendan Boewe, from Mom, Dad and Jenna.
• Robert Johnson and Kim Rader, from the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Brendan Boewe, Ella Esch and Curtis Kilpsch, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Howard Mize.
• Amelia Stone.
• Vicki Whittington.
• Tim Gilpin, from Maw Miller.
• Cameron Jenkins, from Grandma Smith and the rest of your family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Jesse and Wanda DeLoach, from the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
Happy Belated Anniversary to …
• Sondie and Clint Wiley on No. 35, from Laura, Larry, Rhonda and Tim.