Orchids to …
• my neighbors on West Hyde Court for being understanding and patient with the workers Monday and Tuesday, from Barb.
• the Franke family on Dairy Queen’s 50th anniversary, from the Bova family.
• the young person helping an older citizen when a shelving unit fell out of his car Tuesday on 10th Street in front of the Walmart store.
• Dempsey for helping me in the American Legion parking lot after my bike accident and for taking me home.
• people who turn on their outdoor lights at night to help cut down on crime.
• the staff of Par 3 Golf Course for the amazing transformation of the course over the past 12 months.
• Bill and Doris for the years of entertainment at the free music event for the community, as well as the country band for providing entertainment.
• Thrive Alliance and all their volunteer workers for building the deck for me after my injury, from Bernie Shehan.
• people responsible for warning me about possible water contamination when I came home from work.
• the young man in the blue Mazda sitting in front of me at the McDonald’s drive-thru Sunday for paying for our breakfasts.
• Southern Indiana Orthopedics, Dr. Douglas Federle and staff for being fantastic.
• the Eagle Group for being so kind to our family during one of our darkest days.
Onions to …
• the person who starts mowing at 9:30 p.m. when I am trying to get my kids in bed.
• new neighbors who push to change established rules.
• the uneducated that don’t realize the 22 million people who have insurance under Obamacare are breaking the entire system.
• the city for not acknowledging the far-reaching economic impact of a delay in notifying us about potentially contaminated water.
Happy Birthday to …
• Lilly Todd, from the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Jay Jenson-Knotts.
• Stella Berkenstock, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Sue Burton, from Aunt Etta and family.
• Shaundra, with love from Aunt Penny and Uncle Gene.
• Olive Records, from Colleen and Connie.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Curtis Kilps, from friends at the Moravian Church.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Terry and Linda Duvall, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Josh and Nicole Bontrager, from friends at the Moravian Church.