Orchids to …
• the gentleman in the white truck at the landfill Thursday afternoon for helping me unload a mattress.
• the United Way and Faurecia volunteers for removing debris and brush from around the exterior of my mother’s home.
• the cards of encouragement from my friends, especially my Columbus Regional Hospital “CRH” friends, after my recent surgery, from Ardus.
• Marsha Dickherber for always getting me such delicious desserts, from Jan the plumber.
• the person who found my keys, and to the Inn at Irwin Gardens innkeeper who held them for me.
• the Lincoln Neighborhood Center and Columbus Parks and Recreation for placing two wooden benches in the Ninth Street park for Terri and Sandy Henderson.
• Paula and Don Sturgeon for the delicious green beans, from Evelyn and Charisse.
• the two ladies with strollers at Donner Park for returning my lost billfold and all its contents.
Onions to …
• those who don’t acknowledge Obamacare is not free but rather paid for by the working class who is already stretched to a near breaking point from taxes and insurance costs.
• the tribunal which allows decisions regarding people’s lives to pile on desks for months.
• the free press who distort truth and objectivity to fit their agenda.
• the person who just can’t man up and do the right thing.
• the local church-sponsored event that was terrible.
• local officials for spending taxpayer money to hire consultants.
• doctors who make patients wait past their appointment time but who also refuse to see that patient when they are a few minutes late.
Happy Birthday to …
• Carrie Banister, from your family and Donna.
• Marilnn Rondot, from your family and Donna.
• Mike Stefaniak, from your co-workers and Donna.
• Brady Mitchell on No. 12, with love from Mommy, Daddy, Wyatt, Mammaw and Pappaw Murphy.
• Amy Hege, from Grandma Hege.
• Nicholas Long.
• Peg Downey.
• Harper Justus.
• Ginny Owens, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Russ Taylor, from Steve and Char.
• Maggie Dawn Brown on No. 5, from Papaw and Nina.
• June Corbin, from Adam, Holly and Sam.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Monte Vails, from friends at the Moravian Church.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Ken and Bonnie Holt, from Bob, Jeri and Kassie.
• Ron and Sharon Waltz.
• James and Kristin Harker Toole.
• Sara on No. 39, from your husband.