Orchids to …
• Melissa Fairbanks for being an alert and caring neighbor.
• Jasper at Kroger Marketplace for being kind to an elderly lady.
• Josh at Master Turf for doing an impromptu job for us, from the Coffeys.
• whoever turned in my daughter’s cellphone Tuesday at Walmart after she left it in the bathroom.
• Donita Marvin and the family for a great Fourth of July and anniversary party.
• all our friends for the cards, gifts and good wishes at our anniversary, from the Doyles.
Onions to …
• those who support this administration and talk fake news.
• people who use store-bought fireworks.
• local law enforcement for not enforcing the curfew laws.
• the agriculture-industry person for speaking to the neighborhood on the Fourth of July weekend.
• people who act as though parenting stops after birth and allow their children to scream and be uncivilized in public.
• those who do not understand that Columbus is not spending its money wisely.
• Columbus for spending $1.2 million on the State Street Bridge, another million on the rusted up bridge at the People Trail and then not having enough money to take care of our aging buildings.
• those who are unable to realize that you don’t have to live near railroad tracks to be bothered by trains because sound travels far.
• the person driving a red truck on the Fourth of July with a confederate flag as it is an insult to the meaning of the Declaration of Independence.
• the organizer who did not clean up after the people who left the People Trail and parking lots a mess after the fireworks.
• the city for not having a music ordinance.
• those who believe adding more law-enforcement officials will somehow magically solve the community’s drug epidemic.
Happy Birthday to …
• David A. Chadd, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Kimberly Thompson, from Brian.
• Kyle Fillenworth, from your family and Donna.
• Penny Hitch Pedigo, from Charlie, Mom and Dad Hitch, Betty, Kirt, Marilyn, John, Patsy, Donny, Sammy, Christy, Royce, Jayson, Brandon, Rylan, Alaina, Sisco and all the rest of your family and friends.
• Terry Loweth, from your family.
• Martha Landcaster, from Charlotte and all your friends at St. Bartholomew Catholic Parish.
• Barbara Harker, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Erik Peterman, from Grandma Hege.
• Luke Manley.
• Rebecca Anderson.
• Casey Kirk, from Dad, Mom, Emily and Tyler.
• Mom, from Owen.
• Greg and Alison Simo, from your Weddle family.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Scott Lane, from Mom.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Tom and Melissa Rawlinson, from Mom, Aunt Debbie, Aunt Vickie and Aunt Anne.