The American Red Cross has announced a critical blood shortage and has issued an emergency call for blood and platelet donors of all blood types.
Blood donation opportunities in Bartholomew County include:
- Thursday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Ivy Tech Community College — Columbus, 4475 Central Ave.
- Friday: 1 to 7 p.m., FairOaks Mall, 2380 25th St., Columbus
- Monday: 2 to 7 p.m., Hope Moravian Church, 202 Main St., Hope
- Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Southside Elementary School, 1320 W. County Road 200S, Columbus
- July 13: 2 to 6 p.m., Bartholomew County Library, 536 Fifth St., Columbus
- July 14, July 21 and July 28: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., La Quinta Inn & Suites, 101 Carrie Lane, Columbus
- July 26: Noon to 5 p.m., First Christian Church, 531 Fifth St.
Blood donation opportunities in Jennings County include:
- July 13: 2 to 7 p.m., Jennings County Elementary School, 810 W. Walnut St., North Vernon
- July 14: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., St. Vincent Jennings Hospital, 301 Henry St., North Vernon
To schedule a donation appointment, visit redcrossblood.org or call 800-733-2767.