SCARBOROUGH, Maine — Fire officials in Maine say improperly discarded fireworks caused a house fire.
The Portland Press Herald reports (http://bit.ly/2trJzkz ) the house fire started early Wednesday morning after a neighborhood firework show in Scarborough. Fire Chief Michael Thurlow say a bin containing firework remnants stored in a plastic bag caught fire next to a home.
Fire crews responded to the fire around 2:30 a.m. and were able to contain the blaze.
No injuries were reported.
Information from: Portland Press Herald, http://www.pressherald.com