White River Dental Adds New Staff
White River Dental LLC, has added Dr. Gregory Velligan to the staff at the Columbus office, 2459 W. Jonathan Moore Pike.
Velligan is a 1990 graduate of Indiana University School of Dentistry and has spent 27 years practicing dentistry. He has worked as an associate in private practice, owned and sold his practice in Brownsburg and was a chief dental officer for a large dental service organization.
Velligan and his wife of 22 years have three children, a junior at Hanover College, and a senior and sophomore in high school.
South Central Indiana Assoc. Awarded
The South Central Indiana Association of Health Underwriters (SCIAHU) received the Pacesetter Award.
The award is given to the health underwriters organization that attends national and regional meetings and hosts local meetings, events, membership activities and growth, public service projects, continuing education efforts and more.
The Pacesetter Award was presented at the National Association of Health Underwriters’ (NAHU) Annual Convention and Exhibition.
CRH Pharmacy Members Recognized
Three members of Columbus Regional Health’s (CRH) pharmacy team were recently honored or achieved certifications.
- Stacey Wessel achieved her certification in patient safety (CPPS). Wessel joined the pharmacy staff in 2000. In 2016, Wessel became the medication safety coordinator. She works across the health system to embed and reinforce medication safety in patient care processes.
- Annie Stock was recently awarded Added Qualifications in Infectious Disease Pharmacotherapy by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties. Stock has been the antimicrobial stewardship program coordinator since 2015. She works to promote appropriate use of antimicrobial agents, such as antibiotics, in the health system and the community.
- Kelly Sims completed an additional 40 hours of training in the certificate program “Anticoagulation Therapy Management” provided by the University of Southern Indiana. Sims has been with the hospital system for more than 10 years and has worked in multiple roles throughout the pharmacy. Currently, she is one of the outpatient care pharmacists in the new medication management clinic.
Ivy Tech Earns Multiple Awards
Ivy Tech Community College earned three awards during the 23rd annual Communicator Awards for the college’s mobile website.
The college was awarded one Award of Excellence, the highest honor, and two distinction awards presented on projects that exceed industry quality and achievement standards.
The awards are:
- Award of Excellence Mobile Website – Education
- Award of Distinction Mobile Website – Visual Design Aesthetic
- Award of Distinction Mobile Website – Visual Design Features
As a recipient of an Award of Excellence, Ivy Tech will be featured in Communicator Awards’ Interactive Winners Gallery.
The college’s website had a total of 3.9 million users last year, 13.8 million sessions and 25 million page views.