Orchids to …
• Mila from McDonald’s on National Road for the thoughtful gifts to Parkside Baptist Church’s Vacation Bible School.
• Brian Ballard and Mark Boswell for a great demolition derby.
• Guanajuato for having a great new grocery store and restaurant, from the neighborhood on the east side of Columbus.
• our congregation, volunteers and the community of Columbus for your love and support of us and The Salvation Army these past seven years; we have loved serving this community, from Captains Alan and Jodi Sladek.
• Dave at Max’s Jewelry for the great job fixing my watches, from Melissa and David.
• the man who helped me when I fell in the store parking lot.
• Donut Central for replacing the box of dropped donuts at their expense, from a grateful customer.
Onions to …
• volunteers who park in spaces reserved for patients.
• city and county officials who want to raise taxes and fees, increasing the burden on retired people living on Social Security and a small pension.
• neighbors who have dogs that use my yard more than I do and constantly bark.
• people who play their music so loud that it comes through the wall of their neighbor’s house.
• the local emergency alert system that continued to send weather alert texts Friday even though I responded “yes” to confirm as instructed.
• the training facility for disturbing an otherwise peaceful Saturday morning.
• people who don’t realize that people who are on Social Security have to make repairs to our home plus purchase our medications.
• the couple that did not stand during the national anthem at Saturday’s fair grandstand event.
• people with pools who think the whole neighborhood likes to listen to their loud music.
• the local contest for a lack of organization and for running late.
Happy Birthday to …
• Jay Grider, from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• Doris Jefferies and Richard Oliver, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Mike Thorne, from Rob, Kim, Cody, Josh, Oliver, Connie and Cleo.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Logan Baker, from Uncle Ronnie and Aunt Paulette.