Orchids to …
• the Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Department and the Bartholomew County 4-H Fair Board for their help.
• the man in the pickup who rescued the duck from the middle of National Road in front of Best Buy on Wednesday night.
• Tony Stewart for putting on a great show just like old times, from someone who loves to watch him race.
• John Tinkey for the coffee, from the Bartholomew County 4-H Fair Board.
• Ray and Betty King and Don and Carolyn Demas.
• the Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Department booth at the county fair for treating my overheated granddaughter, from a very grateful grandmother.
• those who have donated egg cartons to me.
• the gentleman who paid for the groceries I was unable to afford at Aldi’s.
• Columbus Regional Hospital, especially outpatient surgery, for an awesome and professional job Wednesday on my first surgery having a kidney stone blown up, from Randy.
• the gentleman who covered the stranger with his umbrella while I loaded my groceries into my trunk at Kroger on Tuesday.
• Marty and Linda Iwamuro for helping with the tent at the fair, and especially Marty, for fixing the fan.
• the Columbus City Garage crew who do a fabulous job.
Onions to …
• the person who ran over two geese Monday morning on Marr Road.
• owners who jog with their dog in this horrible heat and humidity.
• people who think there is something significant to learn about an inanimate object.
• anyone living in this country who will not recognize that the freedom he or she enjoys came at a tremendous cost to so many American families whom we should be forever grateful to.
• those who support a fraudulent White House.
• people who submit Orchids to themselves.
• people who move into a neighborhood known for its trees and then cut them down.
• those who don’t understand that the bottom line is we are paying a double gas tax because it has been misused by the state.
• the elected officials who just want to spend, spend, spend, yet there are no available funds when you need help from them for drainage issues.
• the Americans who don’t want to stand for the American flag, taking for granted their freedom of speech and freedom of religion.
Happy Birthday to …
• Cody Maus, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Robin Knoef, from your family and Donna.
• Gerry Klingler, from your family and Donna.
• Kathy Sprague, from your family and Donna.
• Mason Turner, with love from your family.
• Sonja Brown and Adam Harris, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Isabel Zeller, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Abigail Manley.
• Leah Manley.
• Morris Michael.
• John Stephens.
• Grady Carmen.
• Katelyn Bevis, from Grandma Jean.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Adam and Mary Currier, from friends at the Moravian Church.
Happy Belated Anniversary to …
• Glen and Amanda Burden, from Dove Ministries.