Orchids to …
• Susan Meier Erickson for completing student teaching with good marks, from Mom and Dad.
• Brian Burton for his help on Ninth Street, from a Ninth Street resident.
• friends of 4-H for buying my pig at the 4-H auction, from Wyatt Mitchell.
• the Bartholomew County Extension Homemakers for hosting in the Family Arts Building at the fair.
• the fair-goers in supporting the Lions Food Booth to help provide school scholarships.
• Best Friends Animal Care for taking care of our boxer, Lexi, over the years, from the Thompsons.
• Faithful Friends in Passing for your caring and professional services, from the Thompsons.
• the lady who gave my son $5 at the fair to buy a duck.
• the owners of the pizza booth at the fair for giving me a lemon at the grocery store.
Onions to …
• people who can’t find the strength to stand for a one-and-a-half-minute song in honor of our country and the men and women who fought for our freedom.
• people who criticize those of us who cannot stand during the national anthem because of disabilities.
• anyone who worries about losing their freedom but couldn’t care less about the lives lost for them to have it.
• people who can’t give fireworks a rest 10 days after the holiday.
• those who spend more time worrying about how others are living their lives and not enough time minding their own business.
• people who preach tolerance but attack those whose opinions differ.
• those horsing around with healthcare when the elephant in the room is the debt limit and the 2018 budget.
• people who cancel plans with friends to do the same plans with others.
• local clubs and organizations that don’t have a welcoming attitude toward newcomers.
Happy Birthday to …
• Isaiah Carrigan, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Kayleigh Parrish, from your family and Donna.
• Beth Christopher, from your family and Donna.
• Charlie Roberts on No. 7, from Mom, Dad, Elijah and Tanner.
• Veston Roberts and Page Reinbolt, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Ed Deeter.
• Austin Elkins on No. 20, with love from Dad, Annie, Josh, Mamaw Sheila and Papaw Clarence.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Jordan Thomas, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.