Orchids to …
• the young man who called 911 for me, and the several people that stopped to help after my fall in front of the jail.
• Americans for the excellent VA system we have, the beautiful national parks and good public education for everyone.
• The Republic for the terrific editorial explaining how the Columbus Way of public-private partnerships has gotten projects done that benefit all those living in our community.
• Cindy Olson for her help.
• Columbus City Garage for a prompt response on picking up brush on Thompson Drive.
• Larry and Shirley for the wonderful Italian dinner at a restaurant north of town and a fun evening out, from your friends, Betty and J.D.
• Sarah at T.J. Maxx for excellent service Tuesday morning.
Onions to …
• those who don’t understand that standing for the national anthem is expected for all able-bodied people because it shows proper respect for the flag.
• the organization that canceled the basketball clinic one hour before the first day was set to begin.
• the city for raising property taxes.
• the restaurant hostess who gave me a dirty look because I would not sit next to a table of screaming kids.
Happy Birthday to …
• Ryan Cline, from your family and Donna.
• Joyce Willis, from Jim.
• Kerri Gilpin, with love from your family.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Bryson Zeigler on No. 7, from Mamaw Tonia, Papaw Barry and Aunt Reagan.
• Max Lemley, from John Tinkey.
• Nathan Lockhill.
• Patty Thayer.
• Brian Meek.
• Mike Hoover.
• Nancy Berkenstock.
• Jaden Sims.
• Julie Vollman.
• Tina Pike.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Matt and Jan Marlin, from friends at the Moravian Church.