Orchids to …
• Columbus’ Call-a-Bus service.
• East Columbus Methodist Church for an awesome men’s breakfast Saturday.
• Duke Energy for fixing the non-functioning street light.
• Annie and all of the people at Ray’s Auto Repair for taking such good care of my car.
• Judy for 12 years of taking care of us at All Saints Community and for your friendship.
• the young man in front of the big-box store for devoting his time to a good cause and the adult with him for supporting
• former elected officials who remain concerned about their local government.
• those that obey the Second Commandment to honor God rather than idolize the government and its wars.
• Fisher’s Flower Basket for their prompt delivery to the Columbus Regional Hospital for the lady with the broken hip.
• Brennen, the young man that stopped on Deaver Road and pulled my lawn mower out of the ditch.
• the gentleman who stopped and helped me change my flat tire on Terrace Lake Road, from Joan.
• the County Council for rejecting a tax increase.
• Charlie at Kay Jewelry for cleaning my mom’s Mother’s Day ring.
• women who refuse to be silenced.
• Animal Control for getting the opossum out of the engine of my car.
Onions to …
• those who complain about taxes and then turn around and complain about inadequate public services.
• those using lazy fundraising methods to crowd-source businesses or other ventures.
• the rude employee at the store.
• officials for not enforcing laws and not making homeowners clean up junk cars and boats, trash and unsightly, unsafe structures on their property.
Happy Birthday to …
• Jasmine Yang, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Effie Burton, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Bryce Loweth, from family.
• Abbi Rooks, from everyone who loves you.
• Marquita Tuck, from Jan and Rich.
• Helen Jackson, from Peggy.
• Noah Ross.
• Jessica Miller.
• Logan James West.
• Jimmy Baker, from your friends at Eagle Group.
• Susan Acton.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Roger and Ella Jean Godsey Gillespie, from John Tinkey.