ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The Latest on an Albuquerque shooting (all times local):

5:30 p.m.

Albuquerque police say a 14-year-old boy was the person fatally shot when two other people were wounded in the parking lot of a pizza parlor.

The family of Martin Recio says he was at the restaurant for dinner with friends when he was shot Friday night. The other victims are said to be in serious but stable condition.

Sister Amanda Recio tells the Albuquerque Journal https://goo.gl/y95JM4 ) that hearing of her younger brother being shot ripped her heart from her chest.

Police say they haven’t made an arrest but previously said witnesses told of seeing somebody run away after multiple gunshots were fired.


10:15 a.m.

Albuquerque police are looking for a suspect in a shooting that left one person dead and two others hospitalized in critical condition.

Police say a person was seen running away after multiple shots were fired in the parking lot of a pizza parlor in southeast Albuquerque, where police set up a perimeter after the Friday night incident.

Additional information was not released.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.