LOVELAND, Colo. — No criminal charges are expected to be filed against a mower operator who accidentally sparked a wildfire in northern Colorado.
The Loveland Fire Rescue Authority said Monday that the Spring Glade Fire west of Loveland was started after a tractor mower spindle struck a rock.
Spokesman Scott Pringle told the Loveland Reporter-Herald that parts heated by friction landed on the ground and ignited the dry grass. He says the grass was being mowed to reduce the risk of fire.
The fire started Saturday, temporarily causing evacuations. It burned about a half square mile (1.5 square kilometers) and was fully contained Monday evening.
Information from: Loveland Daily Reporter-Herald, http://www.reporterherald.com/