Orchids to …
• First Christian Church for an awesome meal and hosting the South Central Indiana Men’s Fellowship.
• Paul Wendel and others for designing and installing the new sign for the Outreach Church at New York Avenue and Hinman Street.
• all the nice folks who tried to help get my keys from a locked car on Saturday at West Hill Shopping Center.
• John at Columbus Optical for taking the time Thursday to fix my glasses.
• Doug Eckert for the sweet corn from the Salin Bank branch on Rocky Ford.
• the remarkable Bill Fish who repaired my air conditioning on a hot Saturday, from Shirley.
• Voelz Body Shop for having kind, courteous employees and rapid, quality service.
• Carm Goddard and Mary Lafoon for bringing in dinner, from the Hayses.
• The Republic for my TV from the 4-H Fair drawing, from Bev Chinn.
Onions to …
• self-absorbed people who think they have the right to walk in front of a car and then rudely react if drivers don’t stop for them.
• the elected official who fell asleep during the meeting.
• the cars coming into Columbus from State Road 46 in the morning for not being in the correct lane, causing drivers from State Road 11 to have a hard time getting over.
• people who don’t realize that painting rocks and placing them on public property is a form of littering.
• people who shoot their guns for an hour at 10 p.m., thinking it is their Second Amendment right, and county officials who allow it.
• the bicyclist who chased me for honking my horn and swerving after they disregarded a stop sign and darted out in front of me.
• religious leaders who think everyone is a child of God when in fact the Bible says you must be born again into God’s family in order to be his child.
Happy Birthday to …
• Nicole Hamilton, from your family and Donna.
• KC Carman, from your family and Donna.
• Liz Wooten, from your family and Donna.
• Jim Henderson, from your family.
• Tony Seegraves, from Jon, Taylor, Abby and Ash.
• David Clouse and Justin Wallace, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jacqueline Crowder.
• Roy Ice, from BK.
Belated Wishes to …
• Jerry Sherman, from your wife.
• Joyce Piercefield from Ellen, David, Aeriel and Caleb.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Larry and Brenda Lucas, from your family and Donna.
• Lynn and Bonnie Artis.