The American Red Cross is offering an incentive for blood donors of all types because of a critical need for blood and platelets.
Those who donate blood or platelets with the Red Cross today through Aug. 31 will be emailed a $5 Target eGiftCard.
Multiple donation opportunities exist in Columbus and neighboring communities through August. They are:
- Today: Noon to 5 p.m., First Christian Church, 531 Fifth St.
- Friday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., La Quinta Inn & Suites, 101 Carrie Lane
- Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Columbus Moose Family Center, 330 Eighth St.
- Aug. 4: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., La Quinta Inn & Suites, 101 Carrie Lane
- Aug. 11: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., La Quinta Inn & Suites, 101 Carrie Lane
- Aug. 15: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Developmental Services Inc., 2920 10th St.
- Aug. 18: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., La Quinta Inn & Suites, 101 Carrie Lane
- Aug. 21: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Columbus North High School, 1400 25th St.
- Aug. 25: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., La Quinta Inn & Suites, 101 Carrie Lane
- Friday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Brown County YMCA, 105 Willow Street
- Aug. 16: 2 to 7 p.m., Parkview Church of the Nazarene, 1750 State Road 46 East
- Aug. 10: 2 to 7 p.m., Tea Creek Baptist Church, 5280 S. County Road 300W.
- Aug. 11: Noon to 5 p.m., Walmart, 2380 State Road 3 North
- Aug. 15: Noon to 5 p.m., Senior Citizens Center, 515 Buckeye St.
- Aug. 14: 1 to 5 p.m., Atterbury Job Corps Center, 1025A Hospital Road
To schedule an appointment to donate, use the Blood Donor App, go online at redcrossblood.org or call 800-733-2767. Donation appointments and completion of a RapidPass online health history questionnaire are encouraged to help reduce the time it takes to donate.