PAPILLION, Neb. — Authorities say a fireworks blast has injured a man in an Omaha suburb.

Medics were dispatched around 8:10 Sunday night to a home in Papillion (puh-PIHL’-yuhn), where they treated Mark Amdor for burns and other wounds. He was taken to an Omaha hospital.

Papillion Fire Chief Bill Bowes says Amdor was trying to light the fireworks when the fuse fell out. Bowes says it blew up when Amdor tried to put the fuse back in the device.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.