Orchids to …
• neighbors for help removing the bushes and the person who was kind enough to point out that the cellphone was on the top of the car trunk, from Ken and Pat.
• Matt in radiology at Columbus Regional Health for his care and kindness shown to the nervous lady getting a CT scan Friday afternoon.
• Hope Baptist Church for the delicious lunch and school supplies on our first teacher work day, from the Hope Elementary staff.
• St. Peter’s Lutheran School for the wonderful welcome for all of your students on their first day back to school. The great signs (Mr. Hinckfoot), music and smiling faces were amazing!
• Paul Hart of The Republic’s Circulation Department for going out of his way, from John Tinkey.
• Andrew for mowing my lawn while my wife was at Silver Oaks and I was unable to do it myself, from Roger Stillabower.
• Natalie at Southern Indiana Urology, from Sam Lawson.
• Eric at The Republic.
Onions to …
• those who make school lunch policies because every child should have the same meal and not be penalized because parents cannot or do not pay.
• anyone who believes that universal health care from cradle to grave is the right of every U.S. citizen, as someone else has to pay for it, and there is such a thing as personal responsibility.
• the neighbor who keeps spraying paint on our steps.
• neighbors who deliberately blow grass into their neighbor’s yard.
• those who don’t understand Republicans control the White House, Senate and House of Representatives, yet still can’t get anything done.
• whoever thought it was a good idea to have elementary and middle school open houses on the same night as some have kids in multiple schools and live in the country and some are teachers who couldn’t attend.
• the person who submitted the Onion about how dirty the moving wall was at the fairgrounds because it was clean.
Happy Birthday to …
• Angie Grimes, from Barry and kids, Mom and Dad, Natalie, Justin and family, Dawna and Bruce, Zack and Carol.
• Jeanette Freeman from Marian, Imogene, the Millers and the Kirbys.
• Janet “Tootie” Pardieck, on No. 80, from your family and friends.
• Vicky Flora, Kurt Heilman, Dick Herndon and Nichole Paetzel, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Carla Hartwell
• Jonah Newton
• Elizabeth Kempel.
• Jonathan Sweet.
• Sandy Tucker
• Max Washburn, from Bop Bop, CC and GG.
• John Adams, from Sarah, Cristi, Gerald, Lenora, Melissa, Scott, Stanley and Vivian.
• Emily Phelps, from your family.
Belated Wishes to …
• Hilda Miller on Aug. 1, from the DAR Joseph Hart Chapter.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Dave and Louetta Willard, from Whosoever Will Church.