Orchids to …
• Tom Pickett for his efforts on the Donner Variety Shows, each of which is as special as he is.
• Ursula for standing up for yourself and not putting up with the bully behavior.
• employees at Cloe Rogers Memorial Library for being such great hosts to us as we build the “Conversation Plinth,” from Exhibit Columbus.
• those who embrace multilingualism and understand its cognitive advantages and marketability around the world.
• Lynn’s Nails for always doing an excellent job, and for the great customer service.
• Garden of Grace Gift Shop on Cottage Avenue for the beautiful floral and gift shop.
• Steve and Marissa for a fun day at Grandview Lake, and to Anita for mastering paddle boarding.
• the kind woman at Walmart who paid the last $20 of my groceries because I didn’t have the money to do so.
• Noah Luke Roll for doing so very well in school and for being such a well-behaved grandson and great-grandson, from your family.
• Brian Gilroy at Garden City Church for an outstanding sermon Sunday morning.
• Nancy Nyers for the letter to the editor about Dan Wallace, from a First Christian Church member.
Happy Birthday to …
• Melissa Whited, Dillon Link and Connie Brown, from Whosoever Will Church.
• Mark Baker, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Jessi Wang, from your co-workers and Donna.
• Mike Aslip.
• Jacob Barriger.
• Nathan Hull.
• Sandie Goodwin.
• Eliana Phares.
• Jennifer Spilsbury.
• Bennie Stott on No. 87, from your family.
• Veda Wade, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• JoAnne Anness, from Diane.
• Peggy Lloyd, from Roger.
• Jennifer Embry and Connie Ray and Megan Swinford, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Greg Maglied and Sharon Routier, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
Happy Birthday to …
• Kayla Coombs, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Alexandra Whittington, from Aunt Elsie.
• Andy Norman.
• Shawn Thayer.
• Sarah Towley.
• Maxine Hammond, Sherry Fields and Marcus Stephens, with love from Karen Stephens.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Julie and Chuck Fox, from your family, Pat and Donna.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning