Orchids to …
• the kind and honest person who found my car keys in the Aldi’s parking lot and turned them in to the cashier, from Rhonda
• St. Peter’s Lutheran Women’s Missionary League for the Saturday morning breakfast and the excellent presentation of the self-portrait of Martin Luther by the retired pastor and former local student, the Rev. Paul Schwartzkopf.
• everyone who continues to work to advance equality, diversity, love and justice in our community.
• Steve at Columbus Industrial Electric for helping us with our air compressor motor.
• the young woman and her husband driving a green Jeep for jump-starting my car on Tuesday when it quit along a country road in Burney.
• the Rev. Howard Boles at First United Methodist Church for his sermon Sunday, which pointed out how we can make our community better by all of us doing our best.
• Mitch at OfficeMax for great service, from the Smiths.
• Cindy at Dr. Golding’s office for making my dental appointment so pleasant, from Sheila Deiwert.
Onions to …
• the garage sale operator last week for selling baby items that included a bed bug.
• the head of a fundraising committee and her friends and family who abandoned their cause when she needed them most.
• anyone who advocates for revenge, as it just perpetuates the violence.
• people marching by torchlight in Virginia, giving Nazi salutes to their president and spewing hatred towards blacks, Jews, Muslims, women, teachers and scientists in an attempt to divide us.
• people using the term “federally funded” instead of calling it taxpayer money.
• whoever who is responsible for mowing the ditch around the former Walesboro airport on Deaver Road.
• city officials who are concerned with beautification, laying stones around Columbus called art, and are not concerned with flooding from Sloan’s Branch in Eastridge Manor.
Happy Birthday to …
• Sasha Burton and Macey Foster, from Whosoever Will Church.
• Carol McCullough, from your family, traveling pals and Donna.
• Grace Hufty, from your family and Donna.
• Susan Elkins, with love from your family and friends.
• Rhonda Bennett, from Jamie.
• Susan Elkins, from your family and friends.
• Jim Isaacson, from Bobbie.
• Adriana Richison, from Great-mamaw Jan.
• Sawyer Shoaf and Steve Wallace, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Tessa Sims
• Betty Sims
• Lillian Finke
• Michael Turner
• Linda Henderson
• Dave Gregory
• David Davidson, from Diana and the boys
Belated Wishes to …
• Joe Knapp, from Mom and Dad.
• June Berkenstock, Bradley Paetzel, Jason Flora, Shawna Gibson and Hayden Cooper, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Sunny Wilson
• Ron Waltz
• Amelia Harker
• Bradon Jessie
• Anna Emmert
• Jason Flora
Happy Anniversary to …
• Shawn and Melissa McNealy, from friends at the Moravian Church.
Belated Wishes to …
• Jim and Karen Misner, on No. 37, from all the family.
• Dave and Sandy Spangler, from friends at the Moravian Church.