Orchids to …
• the thoughtful women distributing small American flags to the people waiting for the Jonathan Hunter processional; may God bless you.
• Dr. Poplen, Classic Medicab and Franciscan Health for their kindness.
• the Newbern Church for the free clothing center on Mondays.
• the gentleman who paid for lunch for my friend and me Monday at 450 North Brewing Co.
• the kind gentleman who removed the gas cap for me at the Kroger station Tuesday.
• St. Bartholomew School for taking all its students to the tribute for the fallen soldier Tuesday and to the schoolchildren for showing such respect during the funeral procession.
• Al and the American Legion for supporting Parkside Elementary School in honoring Jonathan Hunter and his family.
• everyone who listened to the president’s speech Aug. 22 and realized who the president is and what he wants.
• Ronnie and Pam Smith for being such a pleasure to work for and being good friends, from Doug.
Onions to …
• county officials who have failed the taxpayers of this community with their complete lack of vision and financial mismanagement that puts county government in the same place year after year.
• the president who doesn’t want unity and spews divisiveness.
• anyone who thinks a $45 handout is not enough because they should get a job.
• people who blatantly run stop signs.
• those who think that social activism is posting your opinion on social media.
• all the people who think all the junk cluttering up our city is art when it isn’t.
• those who don’t understand that museums and books will be next to go.
• those time-traveler wannabes trying to go back to the 1960s and demand we all love each other when it didn’t work then and it won’t work now.
Happy Birthday to …
• Debra Chandler, from Whosoever Will Church.
• Lori Burton, Connie Morris and Keith Naylor, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Lisa Cline, from your family and Donna.
• Michelle Fortini, from your family, Sheila, Chris and Donna.
• Cecil Price.
• Kelli Richards, from Dad and Mom.
• Lillie Perkinson from Linda, Larry and Julie, Gene and Susan, Lynnette and David, Lester and Kelly, grandkids and great-grandkids.
• Lisa Long
• Sabrina Jackson
• Kelli Taylor
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Catherine Ahlbrand, from Stacy and Addison.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Max and Connie Roeder, from Bob, Jeri and the rest of your family.