Orchids to …
• those supporting the current president who is all about unity and inclusiveness.
• Dennis Colvin for 45 wonderful years, from Jane.
• all of the individuals and organizations in our city who work daily to make our city a beautiful, welcoming, and exciting place to call home.
• the county council members who are supporting Sheriff Matt Myers’ request for much-needed funds to operate the jail.
• our invited guest speaker, Greg Pence, for a wonderful and informational presentation, from the Rotary Club.
• the man who paid for my merchandise at Dollar General on the west side of town.
• Brad Voegerl for teaching his students about showing respect during a funeral procession.
• Milestone construction workers for stopping and showing respect during a funeral procession.
Onions to …
• teachers who complain about students taking off school to pay their respects to the fallen.
• people who accuse President Trump of being divisive because they’d rather jump a bandwagon instead of listen to what the man actually says.
• the group that doesn’t want to defend the First Amendment right to free speech.
• people who use really big words to say nothing and actually believe what they are saying.
• anyone who wouldn’t think twice about leaving their kids in the car but would take their dog into any store.
• city and county officials for reckless spending of taxpayers’ money and for increasing taxes, from a hard-working taxpayer.
• U.S. Rep. Luke Messer, R-Ind., and U.S. Sen. Todd Young, R-Ind., for declining to face their constituents at the town hall meeting to answer questions.
• the person who thought $45 was a good food stamp allowance but didn’t know that the person who received it was on disability.
• the city for allowing mobile ice cream vendors to blare loud music through quiet neighborhoods at 6 p.m.
• those who forget that both parties have used the threat of shutting down government to get their agenda passed.
• the insurance company that raises your rates because of your age, even if you haven’t had a claim since 1949.
• the person or persons who painted graffiti on the park building at Petersville.
Happy Birthday to …
• Zack Burton, from Whosoever Will Church.
• Zane Fisher, from your family and Donna.
• Sharla LaVelle, from your family and Donna.
• Judy Bokelman, from your family, Brenda and Donna.
• Francesca Bates, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Bronson Loweth, from family.
• Danielle Giles, from Dad, Mom and Aleah.
• Stephanie Baldwin Albaugh and Jean Glick, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Garret Conner Jr.
• Jessica Alyea.
• Mark Sneed.
• Tony Whittington.
• Rodney Schuette, from Aunt Elsie.
Happy Birthday to …
• Mike Fields, from Aunt Coleen and Doyle.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Dennis Colvin on No. 45, from Jane.