GRAND FORKS, N.D. — Two dozen residents of a Grand Forks apartment building were forced to evacuate after a grease fire broke out in an empty apartment.

Fire crews tell WDAZ-TV that a pan of grease was left on a running stove in a ground-floor apartment at Oak Manor Apartments on Monday. The occupants of the apartment weren’t home when the fire broke out and produced heavy smoke.

A person in a neighboring apartment was treated by paramedics at the scene for smoke inhalation. There were no other injuries, and fire officials say damage from the fire was minimal.

Information from: WDAZ-TV,

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.