Orchids to …
• informed citizens who understand government services aren’t free and that county officials are taking steps out of absolute necessity to replace revenue streams that no longer exist or have been significantly curtailed.
• CVS State Street staff, for all the great years, because you will be missed.
• the mystery couple that purchased breakfast for three women at Blackerby’s Hangar 5 restaurant on Saturday morning, because it was a total surprise and greatly appreciated, and we will pay it forward.
• the Long John Silver’s staff who took care of our three women Friday, from the Brown County Access staff.
• Ted Unrue for winning the Joan Pearcy Award at Mill Race Center.
• the kind gentleman who got out and stood next to his car as my dad’s funeral procession passed Thursday afternoon.
• Flat Rock Township and Clifford Volunteer fire departments for posting information on social media when there is an emergency.
• family and friends and everyone at the Eagles Club for making my 82nd birthday so special, from Colleen.
• Jan at the west-side Walmart Vision Center for going that extra mile to help me get my new glasses.
• everyone for making our 75th wedding anniversary party a success, from Everett and Betty Sims.
Onions to …
• the government body that is more interested in the money residents have to pay for trash pickups and billing than the inconvenience to the elderly and low-income residents.
• those for the art installation that isn’t handicapped accessible.
• those who will not raise pay for loyal employees but start newer employees out at higher wages.
• the grocery store clerk complaining about how customers use grocery carts when they should be grateful they have a job or are physically able to do it.
• the person who put in the Onion about monuments, southern slave owners and poor white soldiers from more than 100 years ago.
Happy Birthday to …
• Cathy Hadley, from Whosoever Will Church.
• Yvonne Franz, from your family and Donna.
• Joan Chelton, from your family and Donna.
• Richard Dodd, from Brenda and Rosa.
• Dana Debaun, Brenda Carman and Scarlette Toole, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Thelma Fiesbeck, from Elsie.
• Gary Tucker.
• Colby Lovins.
• Cortney Galbraith.
• Pat Emerson, from Jean Patrick.
• Jeffrey Bailey, from your wife and kids.
• Amanda Brown, from Dad and Brenda.
• Joe Calandro, from your family.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Donna Smith, from her friends.