Orchids to …
• Columbus Animal Shelter for the prompt pickup of two baby squirrels on Harrison Ridge Road, from Lee Clements and Rick Hoard.
• everyone who works with and for Turning Point Domestic Violence Services because the passion I see in each of you drives me and I would never be able to accomplish the work I do without such strong and brilliant people holding me up, from Amy.
• the city and the filmmakers who collaborated in the Columbus way of public-private partnership to create a must-see masterpiece.
• Max and Barbara McGuire for the beautiful music at The Garage, from Billy and Peggy.
• my generous caring Two Worlds neighbors and friends, who provided a week of lunches after my surgery, and to Jan Moss for coordinating it.
• the person who turned in my little change purse at Kroger.
• a friend, Sandy, for painting the big, nice picture of my dog, Gigi, because it was much appreciated, from Wanda at the Hangar 5 restaurant.
• Hubler Honda for demonstrating great customer service when they took my Honda CRV in at the last minute to check it out before our trip at no charge.
• Linda at Flowers from the Woods for putting together the beautiful bouquet of roses for my wife’s and my wedding anniversary, from Dan.
Onions to …
• the train operator who blew the horn 11 times going through two crossroads which were only 200 feet apart.
• the company that is cutting all the trees down to the ground instead of just trimming them.
• the store attendee who misled me on the bathroom occupancy.
• those who believe it’s a bad thing to use a cart for one bag of groceries because some customers use the cart for support so they don’t have to take in a walker.
• people who are for small government until their house is on fire or gets flooded.
Happy Birthday to …
• Bryant Howard, from your family and Donna.
• Lana Johns, from your family and Donna.
• Clyde Neal on No. 90, with love from your family.
• Ed Misner, from Shirley and all your family and friends.
• Janet Ketron and Christine Huffman, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Emery Lou Mize.
• Bryce Love.
• Kevin Jessee.
• Garrett Hoover.
• Kelly Cain, from Mom, Katrina and Chris.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Jack Allman, from your sister-in-law.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Clyde and Libby Neal on No. 62, from your family.
• Kevin and Angie Brown, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Dennis and Linda Herron, from friends at the Moravian Church.
Happy Belated Anniversary to …
• Bob and Sheila Snively, from John Tinkey.