CLIFTON HEIGHTS, Pa. — Investigators say a fire at a Pennsylvania apartment complex that injured at least four people, including two firefighters, was probably sparked by a child playing with a lighter.
Clifton Heights Police Chief Tim Rockenbach tells KYW-TV (http://cbsloc.al/2vHL0Q7 ) it appears the Delaware County building caught fire Monday after a 5-year-old set a piece of paper on fire then panicked and threw it under a bed.
Officials say two women had to jump from windows to escape the flames and two children were dropped to safety. The women suffered injuries that were not life-threatening, and the children appeared unharmed.
Two firefighters suffered minor injuries.
Officials with the American Red Cross say 150 people were displaced by the fire.
Information from: KYW-TV, http://www.kywtv.com