LINCOLN, Neb. — One person has been hospitalized after a fire that damaged a house in southwest Lincoln.

The blaze was reported around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, and fire officials say it was ignited by a discarded cigarette. The flames were mainly contained to the living room.

The name of the injured person hasn’t been released.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.