Orchids to …
• Matt Miller for volunteering your time and being in charge of security at the Our Hospice concert.
• Brother Robert Thompson of Bethel Holiness Church for an outstanding sermon Wednesday night, from a disabled person.
• Ron and Mark Cornett of the Cornett’s Corner Cafe in Hope for the awesome food and service, from John Tinkey.
• Mayor Jim Lienhoop for showing great leadership and ability to get projects done, such as getting the State Road 46/11 overpass project moved to the front of the line.
• the kind lady who paid for food for my son and me Wednesday at McDonald’s.
• Courtney Hooker for receiving her physician assistant degree.
Onions to …
• those who don’t understand actions have consequences and that we can’t protect everyone from everything.
• county officials who hired consultants to be told that the jail is overcrowded when they should have been able to figure it out on their own.
• the local agency that wants you to think that they take speeding seriously.
• those who believe that everybody should put things on hold and cater to the marathon.
• those responsible for creating a hazard to drivers by tearing up the asphalt near the airport but leaving all the loose materials and gravel on the road.
• people who refuse to follow the immigration letter of the law and then expect everybody else to roll over and let them be lawbreakers.
• the person who kicked in my back door and robbed my house on Griffa Avenue, stealing my guns, knives, coins and the money for my diabetic shots.
• those who wasted money for a film about Columbus that was disappointing and boring.
Happy Birthday to …
• Jan Shera, from Preston and Donna.
• Donna Gottfried, from your family and Donna.
• Mary Jane Gossett, from your family and Donna.
• Marilyn McKinney, from your family, Shirley, Rosanne and Donna.
• Cindy Hashman, from your family and Donna.
• John Rondot, from your family and Donna.
• Jim Haislup, from Clifford Order of the Eastern Star.
• Jill Crull.
• Sarah Elizabeth Wheeler.
• Donnie Simmons.
• Ronnie Simmons.
• Bonnie Baute.
• G. Tyler Jones.
Happy Birthday to …
• Kenny Redmon, with love from a friend.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Sam and Barbara Swinford, from friends at the Moravian Church.