Orchids to …
• Connie and Terry Marbach for their wonderful presentation given to the Winding Waters Group, Sierra Club on their adventure completing the Pacific Crest Trail.
• the wonderful person who bought the pregnant woman a chocolate peanut butter milkshake at Zaharakos on Thursday afternoon.
• those who support NFL players exercising their constitutional right by kneeling for the national anthem.
• Lockett’s, Minash Boutique, Boutique Elise and Red Lips for the fashion show at the Conversation Plinth.
• parents who are teaching their children about the importance of our community’s design heritage by making touring Exhibit Columbus a family outing.
• Bob Poynter in Columbus for returning the money found in our vehicle we traded in, from Chet.
• the kind and courteous employees at Frank Anderson Tire.
• the young man who noticed me struggling to get out of my car parked in a handicapped zone and stopped to offer assistance.
• Laura Parker, who is training physically and mentally for the firefighter and military test this month, with love from your husband, Scott.
• Lee Hamilton for his editorial which points out the facts of the current administration.
• my family doctor, Rebecca Payton.
Onions to …
• those who mislead us about President Trump’s progress because it is Congress that is holding back the American people’s and Trump’s agenda.
• the promoters of “Columbus” for not warning parents of the profanity, smoking and partial nudity in the film.
• those who misrepresent President Trump’s agenda and the peoples’ view regarding his agenda.
• whoever makes the decision to chip and seal county roads, which is unsafe.
• the shopping area that allows trash cans to become full and overflow, allowing trash to spread all over the parking lot.
• those who don’t know or cannot understand the difference between robbery and burglary.
• anyone complaining about Kogonada’s beautiful film “Columbus” just because award-worthy artistic films aren’t their particular aesthetic cup of tea.
• those who take our city for granted.
• the inmates in Bartholomew County Jail who want to walk around in their own toilet water, as if being in jail wasn’t bad enough.
• the city for giving us contaminants in drinking water, crime, lousy roads and high taxes.
• those who want to keep the illegal aliens here at the expense of American taxpayers.
• those who are all about the money and wanting to log in Yellowwood Forest.
• the city for being too lax with the noise ordinance.
• people who enter a residential area with their radios blaring loudly.
Happy Birthday to …
• Karen Clark, from your family, Kathy, Pat and Donna.
• Charlotte Frazier-Bey, from your family and Donna.
• Melba Toops, from your family and Donna.
• Jim England, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Libby Richards, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Daniel Morrow, with love from Dad, Mom and Michael.
• Lisa Bennett and Pete Grimm, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
Happy Birthday to …
• Jane Kirk, Linda Dollens and Erin Ruffin, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Mitchel and Linda Dial, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Greg and Stephanie Hensley, from Mom and Dad.