Orchids to …
• Lohmeyer Plumbing and Timberline Restoration for their timely and professional help, from the Smiths.
• the kind gentleman from Columbus Regional Hospital who gave me his umbrella on Tuesday. Your kind deed will not be forgotten.
• people who celebrate and embrace diversity and understand intolerance of our differences is a slippery slope that can lead to the nonsense that blighted our downtown Saturday night.
• Sherry Grimes as her Wednesday letter to the editor explains how so many of us feel.
• medical assistant Debbie at Southeastern Indiana Gastroenterology for being so kind to me on the phone.
• Columbus Salvation Army for two excellent Gleaners food trucks.
• Sixth Street General Baptist Church for an excellent service on Wednesday evening.
• Steve and Cathy Pavey for the great job building our deck/dock, from Ron and Marcia Albert.
• Scott Smith and his son for doing a great job putting in my new septic system in a timely manner, from Dan and Athena Purtlebaugh.
• Columbus Animal Care Services for helping me locate my cat and to Julie of the C.A.R.E. group for her kindness and assistance, from Cindy.
• Heritage Automotive Sales for the generous donation to Clifty Creek Elementary School.
• all people of Columbus who realize that by working together, our city is better.
• our mayor and other courageous people in the community who are willing to speak out against hate groups.
• Carissa at Rally’s on National Road for the efficiency in service to her customers, from the Sell family.
Onions to …
• local elected officials who have forgotten about what happened to other elected officials during the next election after voting for a tax increase.
• those who do not seem to realize it is sometimes necessary to violate certain laws in the name of civil disobedience.
• elected official who posts on social media constantly like he is campaigning instead of doing his job.
• the church that ignores what Scripture says about homosexuality and blatantly celebrates sin.
• the city for letting people sleep on the transit benches at the depot and letting them hang around inside.
• Columbus for not providing a much-needed YMCA for the community.
• the group marching down Washington Street on Saturday promoting hate and divisiveness.
• the lack of a post office branch on the east side of town.
• groups who come to Columbus to spew hate by marching downtown and to those who spew hate in the Onions.
• anyone who thinks the Southern Poverty Law Center is a credible organization.
Happy Birthday to …
• Marilyn Hodson, Randy Denton and Jean Abrams, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Josh Freeman.
• Norma Jean Hitchcock.
• Gabby Nobbe.
• Easton Gates, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Lecia Clark and Vivian Walker, from Old Union Church.
• Norma Jean Hitchcock, from Retha and Ed.
• Easton Gates, from Mom, Dad, Kaydence, Steven, Stephanie, Grandma Jenny, Jessica, Skyler, Mason and Ryder.
• Mary White, on No. 90, from her family.
• Pat Bridgetts, from Julie, Carole, Sheryl, Sheila, Nancy, Cindy, Debbie, Eris, Valeria and Jane.
Belated Wishes to …
• Shayla Pedigo, on No. 1, from Grandma Marcia.