LINCOLN, Neb. — Authorities say two men were injured in a fire that damaged a Lincoln home.

The blaze was reported around 6:30 a.m. Thursday, and fire officials say it took about 30 minutes to control. Fire investigator Damon Robbins blamed the blaze on problems within an electrical outlet and a power strip connected to it.

Both injured men were taken to a hospital. A third resident escaped and didn’t need treatment. Their names haven’t been released.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.