LANSING, Mich. — An electrician from the Lansing-area was electrocuted while working a job in Ohio.

The Lansing State Journal reports 19-year-old Nathan Norris was pronounced dead Friday at Mercy Health St. Vincent Medical Center in Toledo.

Norris was an electrician for a company called Ac-Dc Electrical Contractors. He lived in Delhi Township, outside Lansing.

Officials say Norris was stringing up cable when he touched a live wire that knocked him out of a bucket truck and into a tree.

The Lucas County Coroner’s office in Toledo says an autopsy is scheduled for Monday.


Information from: Lansing State Journal, http://www.lansingstatejournal.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.