Fire in kitchen damages Columbus home

COLUMBUS, Ind. — A small house fire has displaced a family of three.

Columbus Fire Department responded to a call of a house fire at 542 N. Gladstone Ave. at 3:55 p.m. after the homeowner smelled smoke in the kitchen and called 911, said Capt. Mike Wilson, spokesman for the fire department.

Columbus Police Department was first to arrive at the scene and reported light smoke. When firefighters arrived they found a small fire behind the kitchen stove, which was extinguished quickly, Wilson said.

Please see Monday’s edition of The Republic for more details.