NEW YORK — The Latest on a fatal New York City bus collision (all times local):

6:50 p.m.

The tour bus driver killed in the collision between a city bus and a charter bus in New York City had been fired as a city bus driver.

A Metropolitan Transportation Authority spokesman says 49-year-old Raymond Mong was fired from the transit authority in 2015, before he went to work for the charter bus company. The reason for his dismissal was not provided.

Two other people also were killed in Monday’s crash in Queens: a pedestrian on the sidewalk and a passenger on the city bus.

Sixteen other people were hurt, some of them seriously.


2:45 p.m.

Security camera footage has captured a violent collision between two buses in New York City that killed three people.

The recording posted by WABC shows a charter bus barreling through an intersection at about 6:15 a.m. Monday and slamming into the side of a city bus making a turn.

As the city bus spins out of control, the charter bus jumps a sidewalk and plows into the side of a fried chicken restaurant.

Officials say one pedestrian on the sidewalk was killed. The charter bus driver and a passenger on the city bus also were killed.

Sixteen other people are hurt, some of them seriously.


10:10 a.m.

Officials say a collision between a city bus and a tour bus at a New York City intersection has left three people dead.

Police say the crash in Flushing, Queens, killed a pedestrian on the sidewalk, the tour bus driver and a passenger on the city bus.

Sixteen other people are hurt, some seriously, in the crash at 6:15 a.m. Monday.

A building also was hit. Mayor Bill de Blasio says experts are working to make sure it is secure.

Metropolitan Transportation Authority Chairman Joe Lhota (LOH-‘tuh) says the buses spun around, which indicates “an enormous amount of speed.”