Orchids to …
• the Combest family for a wonderful afternoon and evening on Saturday.
• David Wilson for the green tomatoes.
• everyone at Engage Columbus who made the Community Dinner a delightful experience.
• all who attended and helped with the National POW/MIA Recognition Day Event Friday, which could not have happened without your support.
• the EMTs, ER staff, CCU staff, 4th Tower staff and GI Team at Columbus Regional Hospital for your wonderful care and kindness during my recent hospital stay.
• Ann Martin for the honest letter to the editor in Saturday’s paper.
• Sam Meek for doing so well in tennis, from Uncle Greg and Aunt Kim.
• Tim at Bob Evans restaurant and to Dr. McDermott for your kind donations, from Susana.
• Ed Huddleston at Medi-Cab for fixing my daughter’s car, from Kathleen Brockman.
• BCSC Transportation for all of your help, from St. Bartholomew Catholic School.
Onions to …
• the two people who would not stop talking during an early showing of a Friday movie.
• those who believe in giving amnesty to those who come into this country illegally, including the DACA people.
• people who don’t realize that open burning is not permitted in Columbus.
• the technician who cut the cable/internet lines to several homes on Friday and did not immediately report it so service could be repaired.
• whoever removed a retired farmer’s John Deere mailbox.
• the county council that voted to raise taxes for Bartholomew County.
Happy Birthday to …
• Nicole McDonald, from Jeremy, Bryce, co-workers and Donna.
• Alice Pruitt and Mable Schiller, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Steve Nading and Kathy Hayes, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jennifer Hull.
• Alyson Deweese.
• Tracy Mulcahy, on No. 9, from Mom, Joe and Sidney.
• Erma Wickstrom, from Ethan and Drew.
• Matthew Haynes, from your Mom Judy and Scott and Stacia.
Belated Wishes to …
• Malachi Parks, on Sept. 13, from Dove Ministries.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Davis and Aleah Smith.
• Brandon and Kristen Goecker from Papaw and Mamaw Goecker and the rest of the family.
Belated Wishes to …
• Shawn and Nicole Stainbrook, on Sept. 6, from Dove Ministries.