Orchids to …
• Officer Wesley Dodge for genuinely showing concern for another human at the hospital, something you do often for many people of our community and make a difference, from Jamie and Veronica.
• Chris Lane for your insightful conversation with the Bartholomew County Democratic Women concerning the local opioid problem and jail overcrowding, because your knowledge and experience helped make these issues more understandable.
• our Fox Pointe neighbors — Jan, Anna, Janealis and Carolyn — for the donations of shopping bags for Love Chapel.
• Ryan, Rhonda and Sherrie for the most delicious fish fry ever, and to Sherrie for the lovely fall decorations throughout her home, barn and yard, from Betty and J.D.
• The Republic for publishing our wedding anniversary announcement in the paper on Sunday, from the Smiths.
• the two angels who found my wallet at Kroger and turned it in.
• Tyler Duncan for earning his PGA card.
• whoever found my car and house keys and turned them in, from Linda Mitchell.
Onions to …
• the company that hasn’t settled its dispute with the TV station, causing subscribers to miss out on new prime-time shows.
• the local union that doesn’t fight for members’ seniority rights.
• the elected official who cares more about being seen at the county fair than doing the job elected to do
• the Republican who goes to Democrat functions and is not a party loyalist.
• those who are fighting against increased taxes but are not willing to get less service in return.
Happy Birthday to …
• Eric Bridgewater, from friends at Bethel Baptist Church.
• Lance Marsh, from your family and Donna.
• Shauna Thayer, from your family, co-workers and Donna.
• Gabrielle Grimes on No. 13, from Nana and Paw Paw.
• Jessica Drysdale, from Scott, Debbie and your extended family.
• Cindy Taskey at Hair Unlimited, from Luretta and Luree.
• Shauna Thayer.
• Raelyn Repp.
• Ben Alsip.
• Kim Glick.
• Shirley Wiseman.
• Jacob Harker.
• Dylan K. Jessie.
• Christine Nichols.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Debbie Drysdale, on No. 37, from your husband.
• Scott and Debbie Drysdale, on No. 37, from Leah, Adam, Claire, Noah, Greg, Dani, Kambry, Xavier and all your family.
Belated Wishes to …
• Jack and Tammy Pennington on No. 2, from Mark and Carletta White.