Leaders of the Columbus Area Arts Council will celebrate more than $90,000 in Indiana Arts Commission Region 9 grants to 15 area organizations. That will occur during a 4 p.m. Oct. 11 ceremony at the Columbus Area Visitors Center.
More than one-third of the funds, $36,315, will go to Columbus organizations.
The commission works with 11 Regional Arts Partners to promote and expand participation in the arts in Indiana. Through this partnership, the local nonprofit arts council provides arts services and funding opportunities to organizations in Region 9, covering Bartholomew, Dearborn, Decatur, Franklin, Jackson, Jennings, Ohio, Ripley and Switzerland counties.
The arts council itself has received $12,641 from the commission, according to the commission’s website.
The Region 9 organizations that have received 2018 Regional Arts Partnership grants are:
- Columbus Indiana Philharmonic: $13,959
- Dancers Studio Inc., Columbus: $7,356
- Ethnic Expo, Columbus: $5,000
- Columbus City Band, $5,000
- Columbus Scottish Festival, $5,000
- Jackson County Community Theater, $5,000
- Dearborn Highlands Arts Council, $6,383
- Tree County Players, Greensburg, $4,884
- Southern Indiana Center for the Arts, Jackson County, $7,356
- Rural Alliance for the Arts, Franklin and Ripley counties, $7,356
- Actors Community Theatre of Seymour, $5,000
- Our Heritage Inc., Jennings County, $5,000
- Switzerland County Historical Society, $5,000
- New Horizons Rehabilitation, Franklin and Ripley counties, $5,000
- Special Olympics Indiana, Ripley, Ohio and Dearborn counties, $5,000