Orchids to …
• everyone who came to my retirement party at the hospital on Monday, from Brenda
• the people at Hucks convenience store in Hope for finding my checkbook and getting it back to me Tuesday, from Doug.
• Lynn’s Nails for always doing a great job.
• the Newbern community for the fall festival, from John and Brenda Perkins and family.
• people who helped me get up after I fell in front of my doctor’s office.
• the young lady working alone at a downtown restaurant during the Saturday festival who did it all well on her own.
Onions to …
• those who so adamantly want a tax increase, but aren’t opening their wallets to make a free-will contribution to the government.
• people who wander the street, leaving drug trash behind in neighborhoods.
• people who can’t have intelligent conversations about issues, instead using name-calling as their only diatribe.
• people who don’t understand the annual fee for hybrid cars is to make up for the gas tax they don’t pay.
• person who robbed my 84-year-old mother’s garage of her late husband’s memories on the east side of Columbus.
• politicians who want to surrender our country to invading illegal aliens by giving them amnesty.
• county council members who vote to raise taxes.
• to the vehicle operator who drives entirely too fast on Georgetown Road and is going to end up hurting somebody.
• non-scientists who blindly blame severe weather events on global warming.
• neighbors that let their dog out before daylight and leave him outside to bark at his own shadow for the entire day.
• the neighborhood dweller who uses their front lawn and driveway as a junkyard and landfill.
• whoever took my red kayak, because I would like you to bring it back.
• city council for the slap in the face by celebrating their pay raise with Payday candy bars.
Happy Birthday to …
• Perry Crippen, from friends at Bethel Baptist Church.
• Larry Elkins, from your family and Donna.
• Sherry Burton, Donnie Hadley and Davey Willard, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Sue Eckrote, from your family.
• Shannon Thomas, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Greg Holder
• Kara O’Brien and Cody Wilson, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Dorothy Hanner
• Karsen Dean
• Kim Thayer Miller
• William McIntosh
• Brother Eli from Betty and the congregation of Clifford Full Gospel Church.
• Vilma, from the family.
• Carrie Crothers, from Steve, Peter, Mandy, Max, Graham and Mom
• Deb Oliver from Don.
Happy Birthday to …
• Alberta Miller, from your friends in the mobile home park
Happy Anniversary to …
• Perry and Tracey Cloyd, from St. George Lutheran Church
• ANOTHER beautiful morning