Orchids to …
• Dr. Samantha Lucas for being a very caring cardiologist.
• Matt in radiology at Columbus Regional Hospital for coming to my rescue.
• council members who have the courage to vote “no.”
• Franklin Animal Clinic for taking our little dog in when no one else was available and for making our experience as best as it could be with her passing.
• Lee Hamilton and John Krull for always telling us things we need to hear.
• B. Parker Newsom Jr. for winning the Rural Service Award.
Onions to …
• those pretending to be centrists when they are Democrats wanting compromise, which simply means doing it the Democratic Party way.
• those who don’t realize if we had a two-hour delay for every weather anomaly, there wouldn’t be school.
• the house that has a Christmas tree and decorations up because this is only September.
• those responsible for county tax increases, knowing that those taxes will never decrease again.
• the bicyclist who disregarded the stop sign on Flintwood Drive and darted between two cars.
• the part-time elected officials who receive full-time health insurance benefits.
• those who rent to criminals, allowing them a place to live in Columbus.
• Christian people who judge their brother or sister for coming to church dinners and functions because he or she is a nonmember.
• the politicians wanting to build up our military when no one is going to attack the country.
• whoever doesn’t understand that this is a democracy, and that the council member who voted “no” was not in the wrong for doing so.
• those who can buy drugs and pay bail but not their own Narcan.
Happy Birthday to …
• Darren Hinton, from friends at Bethel Baptist Church.
• Jim Lyons, from your family and Donna.
• Jack Nolting, from family.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• John Lind, from your girls, Judy, Mimi and Tinker.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Harold and Bertha Bailey, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Dan and Cathy Barga from friends at the Moravian Church.