ATLANTA — An 80-year-old man and his 79-year-old wife have died in an accidental house fire in Georgia.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that a Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner official believes the blaze was caused from an electrical malfunction and determined it started in the attic. The early Sunday fire destroyed the couple’s Douglas County home and investigators found no signs of a working smoke inside.

Spokesman Glenn Allen says Boyd Weese and his wife Evelyn Weese died at their Lithia Springs house.

Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution,

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.