MINNEAPOLIS — A Minneapolis man is accused of strangling his wife after she filed divorce papers.

Prosecutors on Tuesday charged 55-year-old Tony Le with second-degree murder. Le is accused of strangling his wife with a phone cord in the bathroom of their home.

According to the complaint, police were called to the home on Monday. When they arrived, Le told officers “my wife is dead” and led police to a basement bathroom where the 48-year-old woman lay dead on the floor.

Le told police he and his wife of 20 years had been arguing when he followed her into the bathroom and strangled her.

Le said his wife told him she wanted a divorce. He is due in court Wednesday. Court records do not list an attorney who could comment for him.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.