Orchids to …
• the NFL, its players, coaches and owners for showing the president they understand the meaning of free speech and democracy.
• those who still respect the United States of America.
• Bar-Cons Federal Credit Union for donating the kick balls, from Southside Elementary.
• United Christian Church for hosting the September meeting of the South Central Indiana Men’s Fellowship and for the excellent meal.
• the three members of the Bartholomew County Council who opposed the increase in the county income tax and really are looking out for the working citizens of Bartholomew County.
• Mitzy Shipley for helping me put my mom’s wheelchair into the trunk of my car Saturday at Hope Heritage Days, from Lisa Rogers.
• the nice person at Marsh for turning in my debit card, from Marci McCauley
• the Robert Welmer family and the James Mahoney Fish Co. (Mahoney’s Fish & Tails) for an awesome fish fry Tuesday night at the Bartholomew County 4-H Fairgrounds.
• the staff at Eskew-Eaton funeral home in Edinburgh for the kindness to their patrons.
• the two men from Dunlap who helped us load the deer on County Road 400 West.
• Gail Wilson Lyle and Karen Love Lyle for organizing the float and letting the girls ride on the USA team float Sunday at Hope Heritage Days.
Onions to …
• the people running our city who don’t realize concrete recycling plants leave a path of dead landscape, asthma and dust-covered cars.
• school leaders who require senior projects that have questionable educational value and cause huge amounts of unneeded stress on students and families.
• the gentleman who yelled at shopping center pedestrians when he was driving much too fast in the parking lot.
• anyone who does not honor the national anthems at ballgames.
• the otherwise likeable pigeons for their not-so-nice artwork in front of the post office.
• the two men who think it’s OK to threaten people’s lives and pull out firearms when there’s no immediate danger to them, and to law officials who never arrest them.
• any football team or anyone else who disrespects America and disrespects the flag.
• the NFL team members who do not stand for our national anthem.
Happy Birthday to …
• David Alexander, from your family and Donna.
• Tammy Baker, from your family, Patsy and Donna.