PROVIDENCE, R.I. — The Providence public school district says a state agency has determined that allegations against 11 employees don’t warrant a state investigation and seven of the staffers are expected back at work Wednesday.
Providence Public Schools spokeswoman Laura Hart told the Providence Journal on Tuesday (http://bit.ly/2xL0jaE ) that the Department of Children, Youth and Families has declined to pursue investigations of alleged inappropriate behavior and failure to follow protocols.
She says the employees could still be disciplined after the district’s own review.
A change in policy means the district now sends all allegations to the state and does not first make its own conclusions about their veracity.
The employees were placed on leave earlier this month. Hart said most of the allegations are separate and unrelated.
Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com