Orchids to …
• the police officers who helped direct traffic at First Presbyterian Preschool during the road construction on Franklin Street, from the staff and families.
• the two crews from Fire Station 1 for bringing the fire trucks to our parking lot for the students to enjoy, from First Presbyterian Preschool.
• Naomi Pyle and Flowers From the Woods for making the most beautiful funeral arrangement for my cousin’s funeral, from Juanita D. Davis.
• the terrific and nice employees at the Dollar General at Eastbrook Plaza.
• Loretta at Thrive Alliance for being there for me when I needed help, from Irene.
• Dr. Wagner and Best Friends Animal Healthcare & Laser Center for making our final goodbye to Blaze a little easier, from Debbie and Sonny.
• whomever was responsible for moving the utility pole on Lowell Road before a tragic accident occurred.
• Stephanie, who will be dearly missed by many when she starts her new route, for being such a great mail carrier.
Onions to …
• those who feel free to deprive others of their freedoms.
• those who don’t realize our nation has rituals, such as putting your hand over your heart during the Pledge of Allegiance, removing your hat and standing for the national anthem and stopping for a funeral procession.
• people who think metal is developing a patina when it’s just rust.
• the elected official who comes up with a different reason every year for increasing the budget.
• group leaders who are condescending and haughty and who bully potential new members.
• those who support massive tax cuts for the rich masquerading as tax reform.
• anyone who does not recognize the flag and thinks he or she is too good to stand up for the national anthem.
• people who think using the sympathy card to garner rewards for criminals is a good idea because doing so only encourages more crime.
• those responsible for letting people stand on street corners with their animals in the heat.
Happy Birthday to …
• Bob Battin, from your family, the Akers, and Donna.
• Rachel Wade, from your friends.
• Loretta Wheeler, from your family and Donna.
• Michelle Harris, from your family and Donna.
• Judy Meyer, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Sam Baden.
• Noah Currier.
• Jan Marlin.
• Amy Swinford and Barry Trotter, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Martha Newsom, from your Democrat friends.
• William Heilman.
• Dani Carr.
• Betty Lane, from Jean Patrick.
• Gage Plummer on No. 18, from Mom, Mike, Faith, Harley and Gracie.
• Brianna Wilson on No. 16, from Dad, Melody, Keith, Bailey and your entire family.
• Bryon Riggs, from Judy and Buster.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Ella Zamarripa, with love from Debbie.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Joe and Kim Rader, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Jack and Joan Allman on No. 56, from everyone in the Johnson, Maschino and Allman families.