FARGO, N.D. — No one was hurt in a fire in Fargo that prompted the evacuation of an apartment building in the middle of the night.

Investigators believe an unattended lighted candle in a bathroom started the blaze about 2:15 a.m. Monday.

Firefighters put out the flames in about 20 minutes. Damage is estimated at less than $3,000.

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.