Orchids to …
• Doug Kirk for putting your life on hold to be a great father; more men should follow your example.
• Ken Chandler for your excellent letter in Wednesday’s Republic.
• “Sam, age 4” for the beautiful purple rock that I found in the alley, from Melissa.
• the late Harry McCawley for all of the wonderful articles in the newspaper over the years, from an admiring fan, Mitzie Shipley.
• the gentlemen who paid my bill at Penn Station because the card machine wouldn’t work.
• to Alex Baker and the North choral department, congratulations on a fantastic fall choir concert.
• to people who realize that a bump stock is legal.
• Ted Unrue for being awarded the Mill Race Center Senior Citizen of the Year, from a friend.
• father Marc for giving me Karina’s address — thanks and God bless you.
Onions to …
• politicians who are owned by national organizations and refuse to do what is right.
• anyone who thinks stricter gun control laws will help cut down on mass shootings.
• my dinner fork, because if I use the logic of gun control advocates, it must be the reason I’m overweight.
• folks that don’t realize that a person who is going to shoot and kill people will not follow gun-control laws.
• the medical receptionist for being very rude after telling patients the doctor was running one hour behind.
• to those who can’t seem to understand that criminals and the mentally ill don’t care about gun laws.
• to people who want to do drugs and harm themselves, take a good look at yourself and what you’re doing to yourself and loved ones.
• the letter to the editor that mentions Jesus but preaches hate.
• a maintenance supervisor who makes his workers do their jobs and his, while he is paid 40 hours every week to do nothing.
Happy Birthday to …
• Emily Duke, from your Daughters of Isabella sisters.
• Steve Marlin, from friends at the Moravian Church
• Damon Broady.
• Andy Luederman.
• Catherine Simmons.
• Jesse Lopez.
• Steven Lopez.
• Rhonda Brown, from Roger and the rest of the family.
• Bruno on No. 48, love Annie, Josh and Austin.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Maud Martin on Oct. 4 from the Joseph Hart Chapter, DAR.
• Kylie Webster on Oct. 5 from the Joseph Hart Chapter, DAR.