Orchids to …
• Dr. Steve Newton and all our friends at Hope Veterinary Clinic for over 17 years of wonderful and loving care of our precious Amazing Gracie.
• the four teenage boys in a silver SUV who pulled up beside me at the light at 4 p.m. Saturday at the corner of Central and 10th Street, told me to roll down my window and then sang to me, from a 68-year old widow whose day was made.
• all the wonderful volunteers who staged the Ethnic Expo parade because it was a beautiful day for all of the entries to appear and enjoy the festivities in the Cummins parking lot and on Brown Street.
• Lisa Cohen, Debbie Garber and Tracy Jarrett, for all your caring during our troubled time, from Dolores Lorenz.
• Kenneth Landreth for his remarkable, wonderful letter concerning our American flag.
• Dalton Barwick for showing respect and thoughtfulness and for doing an outstanding job on the Old Norton Cemetery.
• George Denholm, the 150 volunteers and pastors and other leaders at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church for an outstanding and successful hosting of the best Practices for Ministry Conference held at St. Peter’s this past week.
• those responsible for moving the pole and dressing up the sides of the new Lowell Road improvement project.
• The Republic carrier who put my newspaper right outside my garage door.
• the County Council for the tax increase.
Happy Birthday to …
• Lorene Marshall, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Hettie Burton.
• Cheri Anderson, from your family and Donna.
• John Cain, from your family and Donna.
• Jim Cabbell, from your family and Donna.
• Sam Johnson, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Helen Redmon on No. 99, from Mary and Elsie.
• Kevin Scott Schuette, from Aunt Elsie.
• Laney Dempsey.
• Keith Wilson on No. 18, from Dad, Melody, Brianna, Bailey and your entire family.
• Sofia Mendoza, from Great Mamaw Jan.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Chris and Beth O’Brian, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning