Orchids to …
• informed people who understand the real reason the president is obsessed with the NFL is that he was denied the opportunity to be a team owner.
• the man who made my day without even realizing it, due to his resemblance to Jerry Garcia.
• Lanna Johns for her incredible name discoveries.
• the gentleman who found my purse in the east side Walmart and turned it into customer service.
• Rick at Walmart Auto Center, for airing up my tires and being truthful with me, from a grateful customer.
• the person who paid for our breakfast at Waffle House in Seymour.
• Karen Wensel at the mattress store for helping us find our perfect mattress, from Sheila and Theresa.
Onions to …
• the school official for his boys-will-be-boys mentality.
• the former elected official and followers for not realizing it’s time to let go and move on.
• the person who took a child’s last dime and left him no way to eat lunch.
• the woman who wrongly accused us of vandalizing theatrical equipment.
• the mother of four who feels the need to post daily selfies of herself on social media.
• wasting taxpayers’ money on the Franklin Street repaving then grinding it right back off.
• people who take free food from food pantries who are in good enough financial shape to buy their own.
• people who claim John McCain is or was a war hero.
• coaches who set a poor example.
• The Republic for capitalizing on an unfortunate situation as front page news just to sell papers.
• the downtown church for cutting down a tree that was over 40 feet tall and over 5 feet wide, which was home to a pair of hawks that nest in the neighborhood.
Happy Birthday to …
• Brian, from Cathy and your family.
• Marcia Whisman, from WW.
• Sheila Snively from Bob and the grandchildren.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Ron and Cheryl Placek.