Orchids to …
• The Republic for the revealing photos of the coach fight so they can’t brush their hiccup under the rug.
• the crews for doing a beautiful job paving Franklin Street.
• Garden of Grace Gift Shop on Cottage Avenue for the beautiful gift I received from your shop.
• my neighbor on the lake for helping with the cutting down of my out of control forsythia bushes, from Frank.
• Ron Rice for giving a disabled person a ride.
• the Ninth Street group for keeping peace on Ninth Street.
• the people who understand that the president loves this country so much that he wants others to love and show respect for our flag and the military who give so much to defend it.
• the couple who paid for a World War II veteran’s meal plus that of his family at Cracker Barrel on Thursday night because it was very much appreciated.
• Dr. Karl McAleese and Nurse Vickie for taking good care of their patients, from Norma Dee.
• Monty Rogers for bowling a 257 game and a 592 series, from your bowling team.
Onions to …
• the coach who cut the skilled, dedicated boys and instead kept the boys who were on the traveling team.
• anyone who is not deeply ashamed of our president.
• the people who can’t understand all the lipstick in the world won’t make this pig of a town any safer.
• all public figures and those paid to represent an organization who don’t act ethically and according to professional norms to promote each student’s academic success and well-being, instead promoting cursing and intimidation and instilling fear.
• the coaching staff and the athletics director for allowing a high school football player to kneel during the national anthem.
• the coaches who don’t know how to discipline themselves.
• all the people, young and old, who feel the need to use such foul language in a public place.
• the coach who did not play all the seniors during the senior night game, leaving half of them sitting on the sideline, despite the team being ahead.
• the so-called experts on war and war heroes who have never been to war or even in the service of one’s country.
• those who support the narrowly-passed Senate budget that will lead to cuts to Medicare and Medicaid and provide tax cuts for wealthy Americans.
• people who disagree that the punishment should fit the crime.
• people who can’t distinguish between real war heroes/prisoners of war and a coward.
Happy Birthday to …
• Rachel Smith.
• Hunter Moss, from all your family and everyone who loves you.
• Virginia Finley, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Joyce Williamson, from friends at the Moravian Church.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Dennis Herron, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Luke Robertson.
• Amy Carter.
• Sheila Snively, from your cousin Reba.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Mom and Dad, Jamie and Bill Barnhart, from your daughter Jasmine.
• Don and Patsy Harris.
• Paul and Carol Ashbrook.