KALAMAZOO, Mich. — A home in western Michigan has burned after fireworks were lit on the porch.

The Kalamazoo Gazette reports that the blaze was reported Sunday morning in Kalamazoo and took several hours to put out.

Kalamazoo Public Safety Lt. Rafael Diaz says the “porch had fireworks exploding all over the place … all kinds of colors. It was lit up like a Christmas tree.”

Diaz says no one was inside the house and authorities had not determined if the fireworks were lit by someone who lived at the home.

No injuries were reported.

Diaz also says the home’s owner reported there were a couple of hundred pounds of fireworks inside.


Information from: Kalamazoo Gazette, http://www.mlive.com/kalamazoo

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.